How to use and keep your Albion Bulk Loading Gun in top working condition
Your gun needs to be lubricated before using and each time you clean it out. You can use cooking spray or 3-in-1 oil.
If using leather pistons remove weekly clean and soak in 30 weight motor oil.
Tip when loading– While holding the barrel pull piston rod back slowly about 1 at a time. Pause between pulls to permit material to follow the piston. This will allow the barrel to fill with a minimum of air pockets.
To load gun using an optional Follow Plate Follow Plates fit snugly inside 5 gallon pails and have a threaded ring in the center to accept Albion 2 diameter bulk guns. It keeps the gun cleaner during refilling and helps keep air and other contaminants out of the sealant material.
- Place the Follow Plate directly onto the sealant and press down firmly to remove air pockets.
- Remove the front cap assembly from gun and lubricate.
- Advance the rod as far forward as it will go.
- Thread the gun into the Follow Plate.
- While pushing down on the plate and pressing on the recoil or thumb release pull back on the rod to fill the fun.
- When full unthread the gun from the plate and replace the cap and nozzle on the gun.
- Cover the opening on the follow plate to limit material contamination and curing between fills.
To load gun without Follow Plate:
- Remove the cap and nozzle assembly from the gun.
- Lubricate inside and several inches of the outside of the barrel (you can dunk it in a bucket of water to wet the outside).
- Advance the rod as far forward as it will go. Immerse the gun into the sealant to a depth of about 1”.
- Move it about slightly to completely wet the barrel to ensure an air seal.
- As the level of material in the pail decreases sink the barrel deeper to avoid drawing air.
- When the barrel is full remove it from the sealant.
- Clean the barrel first with a spatula then wipe the threads clean with a rag.
- Invert the gun and tap the side to burp out any air pockets.
- Replace the cap and youre ready to go.