Transformation Siding and Trim Stain
Transformation Siding and Trim Stain is an Oil-in-water hybrid wood siding and deck stain that’s easy to maintain
Sashco’s Siding and Trim Stain is formulated for ease of application without sacrificing beauty or performance.The 2-coat system has a longer working time so that lap marks are practically eliminated and the second coat evens out inconsistencies that may have occurred on the application of the first coat.
Please Note: Several colors are being discontinued…Applewood, Cedar, Goldtone Medium, Redwood…too close to other colors…check toward the bottom of this page for suggestions as to substitutes…wet samples available.
It can even be applied at cooler temperatures, surface temperatures as low as 40F.
The high quality trans-oxide pigments enhance the beauty of the grain while protecting the wood. The ‘matte’ finish is stunning, durable, and will look like it was applied by professionals.
- Water/oil emulsion formula easy to apply
- Water Cleanup
- Loaded with high-quality UV inhibitors and trans-oxide pigments
- Longer working time than pure water-based formulas
- Leaves mellow sheen – highlights beauty of the wood grain
- Freeze-thaw stable
Usage: Exterior/Interior…siding, trim, logs, decks…
1st coat: 150-250 sq. ft. per gallon
2nd and Maintenance coats: 250-350 sq. ft. per gallon
(As with all stains/finishes, coverage will vary depending upon roughness
and porosity of the wood.
Sashco Transformation Siding and Trim is now formulated so that it can also be used on decks. This product is taking the place of Sashco Transformation Deck finish.
Below are the suggested options for the upcoming discontinued colors…
- Applewood…Honey Timber or Natural
- Cedar…Natural cedar or Honey Timber
- Gold Tone Medium…Natural or Brown Tone Medium
- Redwood…Honey Timber, Natural Cedar, Red Tone Medium, Woodtone Cedar
- If your surface prep is taking the project to bare wood…you can switch to either the Capture/Cascade system, or the Transformation Log and Timber (plant oil).
- If your surface prep is cleaning the surface of dust, pollen, surface erosion of old finish…you can either use the same Transformation Siding and Trim that you’ve been using or switch over to the Capture/Cascade System.
Misc. notes for transitioning from some of the original ‘High Sierra’ colors to the new Transformation Siding and Trim colors.
- If it’s time to overcoat your ‘Bronze Sycamore’, try Cedar or Goldtone Medium…perhaps get a sample of each and run a test…it will depend a bit on the underlying tones in your wood…e.g. red tones etc.
- Tan Pine is the same as the new ‘Cedar’.
- No more Natural Spruce…or anything close…sorry.
- ‘Transformation Siding and Trim’ was previously labelled ‘High Sierra’ for those looking to re-coat your prior coating.