Capture Log Stain
Capture Log and Wood Stain is currently our best seller. Both Home Owners and Contractors like its ease of use and choice of colors.
Sashco’s Capture® Log Stain cures to a highly-elastic film that stretches with the movement of the wood to prevent moisture infiltration, damage from UV rays, and re-staining problems.
Capture Log Stain by Sashco is available in 3 sizes…Small 4 oz. samples, 1 gallon (pretinted) and 5 gallon Neutral Base with tint cartridges…
Each 5 gallon of Capture will come with your choice of color in a 10.5 cartridge. (uses a standard small caulking gun to dispense)…or you can order the Cascade Neutral base without the tint for those of you who may want to purchase multiple tint cartridges separately.
Currently, samples and 1 gallon size are not available in the Neutral base…(haven’t figured out how to get the order form to show that properly).
The 5 gallon size ‘Neutral Base’ with ‘Tint Cartridges’ allows one to quickly move from one color to another, bucket by bucket…a big plus for contractors who otherwise often get stuck with a bucket of a pre-tinted color that won’t work on their next project.
With the tintable style, each bucket of ‘Base’, is un-tinted until you add the tint color of your choice, allowing you to only mix what you need and move any un-tinted buckets to the next job. All things considered…the feedback we’re getting is leaning heavily toward the Neutral Base with your choice of color cartridge.
Capture Tintable Log Stain…you pick the color
- Brings out logs’ natural beauty
- Elastic; it bridges gaps of small cracks
- Loaded with highest-quality UV inhibitors and trans-oxide pigments
- Top coated and easily maintained with Cascade
- Highly breathable – allows moisture to escape
- Water-based – easy to apply and clean up
- Freeze-thaw stable in the bucket
Click HERE for more information on Flex Tint color cartridges and to order additional cartridges
- Adding the tint (10 oz. color cartridge) to the Neutral Base allows you to quickly stir in the color/tint without the worry of some of the pigment having settled to the bottom of the bucket…thus it can actually be faster to mix the tintable style than properly stirring the old “pre-tinted’ style.
- Easy to mix: A caulking gun, a drill-driven paint mixing wand, and 5-7 minutes are all that’s needed.
- Same performance: It’s the same color, same durability, same application you’ve come to expect from Sashco’s Capture® pre-tinted Log Stain
- Wood and people are unpredictable. Did you run out of stain? Do you send a guy (and a truck full of gas) two hours to get more. Did the person in charge change their mind about the color? There goes two days waiting for the new color to be delivered, not to mention the hassle of returning the original.
- With Sashco’s Capture Flex Tint jobsite stain tinting system, the stain flexibility you require is right where you need it: onsite. The answer to last-minute color or quantity changes is on your truck or in your trailer. You can prep, sample, make the color choice, and start staining without ever leaving the jobsite.
- Right color, right quantity, right now: It’s like your own mobile paint store. You choose how many of each color to always have on hand with pails of neutral base.
- Easy to mix: A caulking gun, a drill-driven paint mixer, and 5-7 minutes are all that’s needed.
- Same performance: It’s the same color, same durability, same application you’ve come to expect from Sashco’s Capture® Log Stain
Coverage: Approximately 150 sq. ft. on rough surfaces. 200-300 on smooth surfaces. Coverage will increase if you’re using a base coat of Colorfast.
Use two heavy coats of Capture log stain (especially with lighter colors), with one additional heavy coat of Cascade Top Coat. Let dry between coats.
Capture in the 5 gallon size is still available in the traditional pre-tinted…however there can be a delay of up to 2 weeks for the pre-tinted style as we often bring these in from the factory…whereas the Neutral Base and tint cartridges are stocking items and usually ship within 24 hours.
Manfred Nolywaika, Northwoods Enterprises, AK
I revisited one of these log homes about eleven years after I did the original refinish work with Sashco’s Capture/Cascade system. The Cascade clear coat was still intact and beading up water. That was the moment I decided that the best choice for all of my customers was Sashco’s Capture/Cascade system.