Round closed cell backer rod, also called ‘filler rope’.
- Round Gray closed cell polyethylene foam material used between the rounds of log work in your chinked style home or in larger checks/cracks in your logs that need to be filled.
- Chinking or caulking (for sealing checks) is used over this product.
- Can also be used around window and door openings where there is a gap between logs and opening bucks.
Note: Re: Shipping of backer rod.
- Both Handi Paks and Reels are considered ‘oversize’ compared to their weight, thus are more expensive to ship than you would expect.
- Due to this, you’ll see a additional ‘Large Dimension Fee’ has been added to the shipping cost as a separate line item.
- Additionally, Large diameter 50′ lengths take up considerably more space than the corresponding amount of product “on the reel”. (e.g. 3/50′ lengths of 1-1/4″ backer rod will often ship with a ‘Large Dimension Fee’ added.