Grip Strip backer rod
Grip Strip is a trapezoidal shaped white closed cell polyethylene foam material used between the rounds of logwork in your chinked style home or in larger checks/cracks in logs that need to be filled.
- Chinking or caulking (for sealing checks) is used over this product
- Product comes in 4′ lengths–sold either by the piece or in full boxes (save $$)
- Width is determined by the widest of the parallel faces
- Gives you a flat surface to apply your chinking against
Note: Re: Shipping of Grip Strip backer rod.
- Boxes are considered ‘oversize’ compared to their weight, thus are more expensive to ship than you would expect.
- Due to this, you’ll see a additional ‘Oversize & overlength fees’ has been added to the shipping cost as a separate line item.
- Additionally, Large diameter 4′ lengths take up considerably more space than the corresponding amount of product “in the box”. (e.g. 6 pieces of 5″ diameter rod will often ship with a ‘Large Dimension Fee’ added.
- Finally; This is one product line that we may have to get back to you with an adjusted shipping cost for your final approval…an example…a ‘mini’ box weighs around 5lbs…however, due to it’s dimensions, it’s classified as 36lb. On top of that, UPS charges an additional handling fee of $12 due to it’s length…and USPS isn’t any better.