Round Soft Rod
Round Gray soft cell polyethylene foam:
SOF (soft) ROD combines the best of both open and closed cell foam backer rods for unprecedented performance in any joint sealing or glazing application.
Unlike closed cell backer rods SOF ROD is non-gassing when punctured; unlike open cell backer rods it is resistant to moisture absorption and freeze/thaw cycle problems.
Because of its unique combination of low compression deflection, high compression recovery, and high tensile strength SOF ROD has a ruggedness never found in open or closed cell backer rods. SOF ROD easily conforms to irregular joints, limits the number of sizes of rod on the project.
Sof Rod is used between the rounds of log work in your chinked style home or in larger checks/cracks in your logs that need to be filled.
- Chinking or caulking (for sealing checks) is used over this product.
- Can also be used around window and door openings where there is a gap between logs and opening bucks.
Note: Re: Shipping of backer rod.
- Both Handi Paks and Reels are considered ‘oversize’ compared to their weight, thus are more expensive to ship than you would expect.
- Due to this, you’ll see a additional ‘Large Dimension Fee’ has been added to the shipping cost as a separate line item.
- Additionally, Large diameter 50′ lengths take up considerably more space than the corresponding amount of product “on the reel”. (e.g. 3/50′ lengths of 1-1/8″ backer rod will often ship with a ‘Large Dimension Fee’ added.