By Jack Sobon and Roger Schroeder
bb168 Timber Frame Construction
If you have only dreamed about the beauty of building with timbers, this book will open your eyes. It will convince you that this method is not only practical today for homes and other structures, but often is less expensive than “stick” building. Timber frame builder Jack Sobon and writer Roger Schroeder offer a book for builders as well as those wishing to have the work done for them. Here is a practical how-to for both beginners as well as experienced carpenters who want to attempt this method.
- The basics of timber framing
- How to design for strength and beauty
- How to combine modern tools and time tested methods
- A starter project; How to build a 12 x 16 garden-toolshed
- Dozens of illustrations and photos that make it all easy to understand
Softbound / 202 Pages.