Barr Froe is patterned after a good old antique froe with some minor improvements.
- 1/2″ tool steel (51/60) tool steel
- Blade tapered top to bottom with a slight convex shape so you don’t get stuck in the material.
- Convex shape helps initiate the rive.
- Blade cutting edge 10″
- Blade length to handle 12″
- Blade Width 2 to 2-3/4″
- Blade Thickness 3/8″
- Overall handle length 21″
- Handle transitions from round to square at the froe so that handle doesn’t rotate
The Barr Froe is at the top and the right in the two images…the eye has the square shape and overall it weighs just a bit more than the Gransfors Froe.