PermaChink chinking is a flexible, textured chinking that seals the open gaps between logs to eliminate heat loss and air infiltration.
Even though PermaChink chinking looks and feels like traditional mortar, it’s not, it’s a pure acrylic that adheres to logs and stretches to maintain a tight seal by following seasonal log movement.
Features and Statistics
- Eliminates air and water infiltration
- For interior and exterior walls
- Stays flexible to follow movement of logs
- Suitable for all climates
- Application Temperature 40 to 90 degrees
Application and Preparation
- 3 year shelf life
- Apply between 40 and 90 degrees
- Apply with Chink Pump, Bulk Loading Gun, or Ratchet caulking gun
- Surface should be clean and dry
- Use backer rod where applicable
- Apply approximately 3/8″ thick
Note: Although PermaChink skins over in 1-2 hours, it may take 2-8 weeks for a full cure, thus don’t go poking it with your thumb to see if it’s set up…best to put some on a test item that folks can play around with
As with all chinking products, it’s best to apply PermaChink chink toward the middle of the recommended temperatures, e.g. Low temps, high humidity can take a looong time to set up and cure, whereas high temps, low humidity may set up (skin over) so quickly that it can be difficult for a first timer to get it properly troweled out.
Finally: Apply out of the rain and direct sun.