Oly Log Screws
Oly Log Screws are available in lengths from 2-1/2 to 16 inches.
- 3/16″ shank, 5/16″ hex head.
- patented head style countersinks itself during installation
- No pre-drilling necessary as these have self feeding tips.
- Specially coated to install much faster and easier than lags or spikes.
- Screw has 2″ of thread at tip with 1/4″ major diameter.
- Use an OlyLog Screw that is 2 inches longer than your log stack height (e.g. use a 10″ size for 8″ diameter log).
- Save $$ on each Oly Log Screw when you purchase a full box.
- Installation torque 62 inch pounds
- Pull-out resistance 2,000 lbs
- Ultimate Shear 6,018 lbs. (104,000 psi)
- Box of 250 with free hex head driver bit.
OlyLog is the first threaded log home fastener which requires no pre-drilling and is ACQ approved.
SPACING Anecdotally, spacing will normally run from as close as 9″-12″ around openings to 36″ in solid wood wall areas. Don’t take this as gospel, however it gives you a starting point for your preliminary estimating.
In many areas of the country you may need a engineer to determine the correct spacing for the Oly Log screws in your log walls.
If your looking for a heavier duty screw check out the Log Hog
If you need a flat head fastener check out the Headlok