Oly Log Screws
Oly Log Screws are available in lengths from 2-1/2 to 16 inches. 3/16″ shank, 5/16″ hex head. Patented head style countersinks itself during installation.
- 3/16″ shank, 5/16″ hex head.
- patented head style countersinks itself during installation
- No pre-drilling necessary as these have self feeding tips.
- Specially coated to install much faster and easier than lags or spikes.
- Screw has 2″ of thread at tip with 1/4″ major diameter.
- Use an OlyLog Screw that is 2 inches longer than your log stack height (e.g. use a 10″ size for 8″ diameter log).
- Save $$ on each Oly Log Screw when you purchase a full box.Installation torque 62 inch pounds
Pull-out resistance 2,000 lbs
Ultimate Shear 6,018 lbs. (104,000 psi)
- Box of 250 with free hex head driver bit.
OlyLog is the first threaded log home fastener which requires no predrilling and is ACQ approved.
SPACING Anecdotally, spacing will normally run from as close as 9″-12″ around openings to 36″ in solid wood wall areas. Don’t take this as gospel, however it gives you a starting point for your preliminary estimating.
In many areas of the country you may need a engineer to determine the correct spacing for the Oly Log screws in you log walls.