Log Hog Screws
Log Hog Screws are similar to the Oly log screws with a larger 15/64″ shank and 5/16″ hex head…as well as 3″ of threaded tip.
Please note…when an item says ‘back ordered’…it can mean a week…or a Month…or longer. Best to email us with you timeline and wish list and we’ll get back asap with a timeline update. Hardware is one of the many items that factories are having trouble keeping up with orders…thus, falling further behind.
Log Hog Features
- Oversized washer head and increased thread combine for dramatically increased pull-down
- Installs faster and easier than lags & spikes
- Requires no predrilling
- Countersinks into log – Allows log to settle naturally
- Draws warped logs down
- Removable and adjustable
- Eliminates jarring and damage caused by a sledge hammer
- Guaranteed corrosion resistance
- ACQ Approved
- Made of heat treated steel for increased strength and drivability.
- Coated for corrosion resistance.
- Gimlet point for fast drilling.
- 3″ of thread at the tip. (threaded area has 5/16″ of major diameter).
- Best to install using high torque, low RPM 1/2″ electric drill.
- Save $$ on each Log Hog Screws when you purchase a full box.
To allow for settling, sink head of screw a minimum of 1/4″ below surface.
Use with larger diameter Milled log and Handcrafted logs and locations that may need additional seismic or wind engineering.
- Ultimate Tensile Strength. Avg. 4612 lbs.
- Ultimate Shear Strength Avg. 7054 lbs.
- Torque Test Avg. 263 lbs.
- Pull Out Strength, (Spruce) Avg. 2503 lbs.
NOTE: 3-5/8″ and 5″ are marketed as ‘Ledger Lok’…different color and a (very) slight difference in the collar profile under the head. Most folks wouldn’t have noticed the profile difference if we hadn’t mentioned it.
SPACING Anecdotally, spacing will normally run from as close as 9″-12″ around openings to 36″ in solid wood wall areas. Don’t take this as gospel, however it gives you a starting point for your preliminary estimating.
In many areas of the Country you may need a engineer to determine the correct spacing for the Oly Log or Log Hog screws in your log walls.