Termiticide, Insecticide, Fungicide
Shell-Guard provides the ultimate protection against insects and wood rot for your log home. This new generation of preservative combines the well-known effectiveness of borates with a glycol system that increases the penetration into the wood to enhance the action of the borate.
Shell-Guard is colorless and odorless. The glycols used are the same type as those found in many food and skin care products.
Shell-Guard is a concentrate that is mixed with an equal amount of water, then applied to bare wood with a brush or as a spray. Once in the wood, it will kill those insects that eat wood such as wood boring beetles and termites. It also kills the types of fungi that are responsible for rot and decay. Shell-Guard makes wood toxic to wood destroying organisms!
The best thing about Shell-Guard is that one application will last the life of your home as long as the exterior surfaces are maintained with a quality, water resistant stain such as Lifeline. Concentrated (20-30 % Disodium Octaborate Tetrahydrate), borate-based fungicide and wood preservative for the protection of new and old log homes.
- Considered a termiticide, insecticide, fungicide.
- Contains no Ethylene Glycol
- Concentrate is diluted 1 to 1 with water…e.g. 1 gallon of concentrate makes 2 gallons of diluted product…which will cover 200 square feet.
- Apply with low pressure sprayer or fine bristle brush.
- 1 coat application. Interior and exterior.
- Dries in 2-4 weeks. To test for dryness, check for tackiness early in the morning. When there is no tackiness in the morning, wait an additional 2 days then coat.
Needs to be “sealed” into the wood for permanence with your application of wood finish.crp0030-shellguard-concentrate