BORA-CARE is specially formulated for deep penetrating into logs and heavy timbers with a moisture content >14%, providing long lasting protection..
Considered a Termiticide, Insecticide and Fungicide (decay fungi). Can kill existing infestations of termites,wood destroying beetles and carpenter ants…algae
BORA-CARE is directly applied to the wood and in return eliminates the wood as a food source. Water-soluble and contains glycol, which provides deeper penetration into the wood. By diffusing deep into wood fibers, BORA-CAREcan last for as long as wood is in service.
- Recommended for the remedial control of powder post beetles and as the product of choice for subterranean termites supported by the efficacy data and field study applications at Mississippi State.
- Provides protection against Formosan termites, old house borers, and wood-destroying beetles
NOTE: Not available to homeowners in New York or Connecticut…sorry
- Is based on a 1 to 1 dilution ration (1 gallon diluted with 1 gallon of water makes 2 gallons of diluted product)…gives you a 23% active treatment solution
- The use of warm or hot water and an impeller type mixer used on an electric drill, aids in the dilution process.
- Use 1:1 solutions within 24 hours. Can be applied by brush, injection, spray or roller.
- For powder post beetles, dry wood termites and decay fungi the dilution ratio can be 5:1 (5 parts water to 1 part Bora-Care), use two applications when surface spraying (which is only used for preventative)
Application rates are calculated at a rate of 1 gallon of solution to 400 bf (board feet) of wood.
- 6″ logs = 167 lineal feet
- 8″ logs = 96 lineal feet
- 10″ logs = 61 lineal feet
- 12″ logs = 43 lineal feet
Note: For long term protection, exterior wood surfaces which have been treated with Bora-Care will require a top coating with a water resistant finish, paint or exterior stain.
Apply within six weeks of treatment.
Allow Bora-Care to cure a minimum of 2 days prior to any top coating…depending on the climate, this could be up to several weeks.
BONUS: It’s possible to earn ‘Green Points” for green-based construction program requirements