Makita 1002BA Curved Base Planer
Makita 1002BA curved base planer
- Large front grip for two-handed control and fine depth adjustment.
- Large chip ejection chute, lock on button for continuous use.
- Adjustable bevel base is factory adjusted at a 320mm curved radius.
- Used to clean up and give a smooth finish to a scarf cut as used in Saddle Notch corners.
- Also used to give a “cheater” adzed look to natural, (waney), edge boards.
- No-load speed of 15,000 rpm.
Large Planing Width for an Even Cut Every Time
- Powerful 9.6 AMP motor with 15,000 RPM
- Precision machined base for notching out logs at a 12-5/8″ curved radius
- Large ejection chute for high rate of chip discharge
- Conveniently located front and rear grips for operator control
- Lock-on button for continuous operation
- Large two-handed design for maximum control of cutter
- Smoothes and notches out logs for a perfect fit
- Adjustable bevel radius to 11-13/16″
|Makita 1002BA planer kit INCLUDES:
Note: Old and current catalogs show this tool having an 11 amp motor…yet the tool itself shows as 9.6. Haven’t been able to determine if they downsized the motor lately.