Lewis Chainsaw Winch 400-MK2
The Lewis Winch uses oil-bathed steel gears, which ensure years of trouble-free service in the most hostile environments. The Lewis Winch 400-MK2 is available with your choice of:
- 150′ of 3/16″ aircraft cable (4200lbs.)
- 250′ of 1/8″ aircraft cable (2000lbs.)
- without cable
Several adapters are included with the Lewis Winch to fit most modern chainsaws…listed below…
- direct drive – which is the 4 piece adapter kit to fit most saws with an outbound sprocket (visible when you take off the side cover plate)
- short bar/chain hookup for those where the sprocket is behind the clutch.
- 60′ – 80′ per minute line speed Weighs
The Lewis Winch is a traditional Cable drum style chain saw powered winch. Attaches to most gas and electric models. Use for log building, skidding logs, freeing stuck equipment, hunting.
- Greater capacity than Simpson rope winch (a great winch in it’s own right)…Up to 4000lbs straight line with larger saws.
- Very popular in remote locations.
- This is a extremely rugged, well made unit. 1 year manufacturers warranty on material and workmanship.
- If you are pulling 3,000 to 3,500 lbs. in a straight line (or up to 6000 lbs) with one Lewis Winch Snatch Block, you should use a general-duty chainsaw with an engine size of 5-6 horsepower (bhp).
- if you need to pull up to 4,000 lbs in a straight line or 8,000 lbs with one Lewis Winch Snatch Block, make sure to use a heavy duty chainsaw with an engine size of up to 7 horsepower (bhp).
- Please note that the operator accepts all risks when using an engine with more than 100 cc’s or 7 bhp, as you could damage your Lewis Winch or break the cable and potentially cause injury.
- Chainsaws must be properly maintained and serviced to ensure that the throttle and clutch are in proper working condition since this directly affects the safe performance of your Lewis Winch.
- Electric chainsaws and smaller gas chainsaws will give satisfactory performance only with lighter loads. The Universal Adapter Kit included in the shipment does not come with an adapter for electric chainsaws, but note that such adapter may be available from the manufacturer.
- You will want to choose the right chainsaw for your new Lewis Winch, because the size of your chainsaw is important and should be considered whenever you work with our portable winch.
- If you are pulling in a straight line 2,000 to 2,500 lbs.(or up to 5000 lbs. using one Lewis Winch Snatch Block), you can use a light-duty chainsaw with an engine size of 3 horsepower (bhp…= brake horsepower…in this case I think that means without a load of any sort) (around 48 cc’s, 18”+ bar with 3/8” chain).
- This is important because such a chainsaw comes with a commercial-grade clutch that although it might sometimes slip under a heavy load, it guarantees that the clutch will not burn up.
Chainsaw shown for clarity…it is not included in the price.
Anecdote: Scotty used a Lewis Winch in Alaska many years ago to work with a young woman who was building a log house by herself in the bush. He’ll admit that she only needed an assist as the snows were coming and she was slowed down a bit due to building with a caste from ankle to hip on her right leg. His eyes still glaze over when he thinks back on trying to keep up with her.
Do we show as ‘Out of Stock’? Contact Us to get on the ‘no obligation’ waiting list which will get you in the queue.
35lbs with cable.