Gränsfors Ceramic Grinding Stone #4034
The Gränsfors Ceramic Grinding Stone is a man-made sharpening stone with two grinding faces:
- Course side (180 grit) for repairing damage and heavy wear.
- Fine side (600 grit) for sharpening.
The Gransfors ceramic composite makes the stone both durable and strong. In contrast to natural sandstone, a ceramic grinding stone can be given a more precise grain size.
- Its shape is round and flat with a bevelled edge to prevent chipping.
- The fine side is 2/3 of the thickness, as this side is usually used and worn down most.
- The stone is normally used with water but can be used dry.
- The stone comes in a protective rubber case.