DEFY Extreme Wood Stain
DEFY Extreme Wood Stain (finish/stain/sealer)…is one of the newer formulas that use the Nano technology…essentially, a method developed to add tiny zinc particles for extra sun protection.
DEFY Extreme is great for wood siding, logs, log siding, and decks…
- DEFY® Extreme Wood Stain dries to a flat, semi-transparent finish that allows the natural wood grain to show through.
- Crystal Clear option has no amber cast
- A water-based formula that cleans up easily with simple soap and water
- A truly eco-friendly, V.O.C. compliant product that offers tough protection while being gentle on our environment
- DEFY Extreme in ‘Crystal Clear’ will significantly out perform the clear wood stains that have been sold in the past.
Interior and Exterior Wood including wood siding, log homes, decks, fences, wood shingles, outdoor furniture, pressure treated woods and other natural wood surfaces.
- Coverage Rate: 100-150 sq. ft. per gallon
- Application Temperatures: Between 45-95 degrees F
- Application Method: Pump sprayer, airless sprayer, pad applicator or brush
- Dry Time: 2-4 hours (Allow 24 hours before using)
DEFY Extreme will also work over DEFY Epoxy Fortified, including DEFY Fortified UV Resistant Clear…as long as you do a Wood Brightener cleaning.
DEFY Extreme will work over DEFY Original or DEFY for Hardwoods if the existing finish has weathered to the point that when you ‘flick’ a bit of water onto the wood, the water soaks into the wood in a few seconds.
Note: PREPARATION BEFORE APPLYING EXTREME WOOD STAIN
To ensure your satisfaction with this product, it is highly recommended that you use both Wood Cleaner and Wood Brightener, per label instructions, to prepare any weathered wood for staining. This helps open the wood cells so they can accept additional finish.