Threaded Follow Plate
Follow Plates reduce the mess of bulk loading caulk or chinking from 5 gallon pails. Keeps gun barrel clean and prevents air from entering gun barrel during loading.
Steel plates sandwich neoprene gasket that scrape the inside of a 5-gallon pail to reduce waste and keep air and job site debris out of bulk caulk.
Threaded cap with gasket in center of pail holds gun solidly. Fits all 2″ diameter Albion threaded barrel bulk guns (DL-45, DL-59, etc. plus B-Line B12Bxx and B26Bxx series)…we carry the DL-59 series.
For tapered or straight sided metal or plastic pails with maximum ID of 11-3/8″ and minimum ID of 9 7/8″
Use this type of Follow Plate for the following brands:
- open pail and place Follow Plate directly on top of material (after mixing, if necessary).
- Press it down firmly to eliminate air pockets.
- Remove front cap from gun and advance the rod as far forward as it will go.
- Thread the gun into the Plate.
- While exerting pressure down onto the plate, pull back on the rod to fill the gun.
- When full, un-thread the gun from the Follow Plate and replace the cap and nozzle on the gun.
- Cover the opening on the follow plate with a piece of plastic to limit curing between fills.