PC Log and Wood Wash
PC Log and Wood Wash is a liquid concentrate for cleaning log and wood surfaces. It can be used as a maintenance cleaner or to prepare the surface of wood for a new coat of stain or topcoat.
For preparing the surface of bare for a new coat of stain, Log Wash removes dirt, grime, pollen and surface mold and mildew without harming the wood or the finish. As opposed to bleach solutions, Log Wash does not upset the natural pH balance of the wood, thus preventing wood fiber damage and iron tannate stains. (To treat gray, UV-exposed wood see Wood ReNew)
The exterior of a log home are a settling ground for dust, pollen and other airborne contaminants that dull the surface and encourage mold growth. A light cleaning once or twice a year will keep a home looking beautiful and helps prolong the life of the exterior wood finish.
Features and Statistics
* Removes dirt, dust, pollen, mold and mildew from finished log surfaces and bare wood
* Will not harm finishes or bare wood fibers
* Is safe to use on chinking and sealants
* Is environmentally friendly
Maintenance Cleaning: One cup per gallon makes approximately 16 gallons of cleaning solution…thus a gallon of concentrate should do up to 2800 sf. of surface area.
Wood Surface Preparation: Two cups per gallon makes approximately 7 gallons of cleaning solution. One gallon diluted Log Wash will clean 150-200 sq.ft. of wood surface area. Thus, a gallon of concentrate should do up to 1400 sf. of surface area.
What’s the difference between a ‘Maintenance Cleaning‘ and ‘Wood Surface Prep‘?
- Maintenance Cleaning is the yearly exterior wash to rid the walls of the dirt, grime and cobwebs and brighten up the look. (it also keeps the dirt from abrading the surface of the wood and your finish, thus the concept is you’ll get a bit longer between recoats).
- Wood Surface Preparation is to prepare the surface for the application of a recoat of finish when the existing coat is still in reasonably good shape.
For failing finish or discoloration try Wood Renew