Manila rope is a natural fiber made from the abaca plant. It has low stretch and good abrasion resistance. It has poor chemical resistance and is subject to rot, thus for decorative uses it’s best to use it indoors.
Meets Federal Specifications number TR605, Type M.
- 3-Strand Twisted Natural Fiber Rope for General Usage
- Rope meets federal specifications no. TR605, type M
- Good abrasion resistance and low stretch
- Absorbs water and is subject to mildew and rot…interior use is best
- Excellent for doing trim detail around log to frame joints.
- Also great at floor level if your posts pass through the floor and you need a quick and easy trim out.
- Easy to install with finish nailer.
- Follows uneven contour of log surface easily
- Can be doubled up for wider coverage