Gransfors Bruk Big Drawknife #486
The Gränsfors Swedish Draw Knife is forged into an arch and is meant to be used with both hands for optimum effectiveness. The Draw Knife is mainly for debarking and shaping logs, and perhaps also dowels. The protruding handles allow the user to get plenty of power behind each stroke. It is important to put your whole body into the action, rather than just using your arms. The knife glides over the timber, with the angle adjusted by hand for the desired planing effect. The Draw Knife can also be angled more sharply for more of a cutting action.
#486 Handforged by Gransfors Bruk – Big Drawknife.
- Curved blade, comfortable wooden handles and heavy leather sheath.
- Blade is slightly higher at the center that at the ends near the handles.
- Edge of blade, at center, also sits slightly behind the edge at the ends.
- (Would you call this curved and bowed?)
- Item no: 486
- Length with handle: 65 cm (25.5”)
- Cutting edge: 32 cm (12.5”)
- Weight: 0,8 kg (1.8 lb)
- Sheath in vegetable-tanned leather
Top quality workmanship in the Gransfors Bruk Big Drawknife and it shows the ‘Smith’s’ initials once it’s completed.
Contact Us if item is out of stock and you’d like to be on the ‘no obligation’ waiting list.
Made in Sweden