Cobra Borate Rods
Cobra Rods can be used in house logs, log and timber posts, landscape timbers, deck joists and posts and other places where moisture is present.
Cobra Rods are a wood preservative, fungicide and insecticide. The product takes the form of a solid cylindrical rod that is about 3/8″ in diameter.
- The rod is a deep green color and has a glass-like look and feel.
- These compounds are melted and fused into the form of a solid glass-like rod, which begins to dissolve with moisture in the wood and travels throughout the entire wood section at the groundline zone.
- Cobra Rod will arrest early stages of decay and set up a defensive protection for years.
Treatment cycle is 8 to 10 years.
Major Electric Utility and Hydro Companies throughout North America have used ‘Cobra Rod’ for years to extend the life of their wood utility poles. The product is proven to have saved these companies 10’s of millions of dollars in remediation and pole replacement costs over the past 20 years.
- The Cobra Rod rod is installed inside the post at the ground level to protect the entire wood member at this most susceptible area..
- It’s safe to handle and is made entirely of a unique Boron and Copper Hydroxide complex.
- Cobra Rod is a safe, low cost, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA – US) and Pest Management Regulatory Agency (PMRA – Canada) approved decay protection and prevention system for wood.
- Active ingredients are Boron, (Disodium Octaborate Tetrahydrate and Boric Acid) and Copper, (Cupric Hydroxide as copper metal).
1/2″ stock is closer to 3/8″ , however the 2″ length is closer to 2-1/2″ so we just call them 1/2″ x 2″ for easier comparison to Bor8 rods