The Classic Hewn Log Home, by Charles McRaven
#bb110 The Classic Hewn Log Home
The Classic Hewn Log Home focuses on the hewn face, dovetail corner, chinked style of building, progressing into repairing and restoring. One of the few places you can find “recipes” for traditional mortar mixes. – a must for builders of this style.
- Selecting and sharpening appropriate tools, such as an adze.
- Constructing a solid foundation and framing the house.
- Selecting appropriate logs.
- Hewing the logs, including scoring and slicing.
- Replacing rotted wood.
- Notching corners
- Building and restoring the roof.
- Adding finishing touches to make the house a home.
Full of color and black and white photos.
Revised edition of McRaven’s earlier book. Softbound / 162 Pages.