Hults-Torneo Felling Axe
The Hults-Torneo Felling Axe is a ‘standard series’, compact felling axe intended for bringing down or cut up small to medium sized trees.
The Torneo has an axe head weight of 1.75 Lbs and a handle length of 26 inches. The head is the product of blasted and clear-lacquered ironwork and the curved shaft is made of US-sourced hickory. That handle is treated with linseed oil.
- This axe head is hand-forged and made from Swedish axe steel in a foundry that has been in operation since 1697.
- As part of the production process, the steel is struck multiple times thereby increasing its density and resulting in more durability of the axe.
- The head is constructed in such a way that there is a tempered zone designed to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpenings.
- Each axe comes with a traditional leather protective sheath that is embellished with some unique Swedish decorative elements. The axe is shipped in its own storage box and comes with a detailed users manual.
Hults Bruk Torneo product specs:
- Overall Weight: 2 6/7 lbs.
- Head Weight: 1 3/4 lbs.
- Handle Length: 26″
- Head: Solid Swedish steel
- Handle: Solid American Hickory
Similar in size to the Hults Bruk Kisa Felling axe and the Gransfors Bruk Scandinavian Forest Axe.