Simpson SP-CW capstan rope winch
The Simpson SP-CW capstan rope winch is self propelled (powered) by a the GX35 Honda 4 Stroke OHC engine, with an approved spark arrester & throttle control.
It can pull up to 2000 pounds, straight line pull, at 22 ft / min. It weighs in at 18 pounds and has a 5 year warranty on winch (1 year on the engine).
- Model SP
- Comes with 35cc, GX35 Honda powered gas motor
- Uses rope instead of wire cable
Use this Simpson Capstan rope winch with low stretch polyester rope instead of wire cable.. A light pull on the rope will start the winch pulling. Continue taking in rope as the winch does the work. Stop pulling and the winch stops pulling. Capstan style allows for virtually unlimited length of rope as the rope doesn’t coil onto the drum.
The Simpson Capstan rope winch can be anchored away from the load or tethered to the load with the rope secured at destination.
Simpson capstan rope winches are designed for hunting, four wheeling, pulling logs, loading a boat onto the trailer, or up a steep slope. Used by rescue personnel for it’s light weight and dependability. 5 year warranty for the capstan unit.
- Simpson capstan winch comes with tethering cable.
- Line speed varies from 22 to 42 feet per minute depending on load and motor size.
- You can pull loads long distances without overheating the motor or experiencing loss of pulling power.
- Rope is safer than cable if it breaks or snaps back.The capstan type winch is unique, you’re not limited to the length of cable that a drum will hold and the pulling power does not decrease as the drum fills as is the case with drum type winches. You can take up slack in the winch line or play out line, by hand, without running the winch.
This Honda GX35 is one of the rare breed of small motors that uses a ‘spray’ oiling system. This means it can run in any position, whereas the standard ‘splash’ oiling system needs to stay within 14 degrees of vertical. (or you’ll eventually burn up the crank)