Sikkens Cetol SRD RE
Sikkens Cetol SRD RE (Reduced Emission), is an easy to use, translucent water repellent exterior wood finish for log siding, rails, and decks. (thus SRD)…many use it for full logs as well. (This will no longer be a stocking item for us, thus, what we have on the shelf is ‘A Really Good Deal).
- This one coat system incorporates finely ground transparent iron oxide pigments that result in a rich, natural and uniform coloration of the wood surface, while offering protection from moisture and UV damage.
- Cetol SRD RE is easy to use, it’s the ideal choice for demanding areas where more frequent maintenance may be necessary.
- One-coat application, water repellent, UV protection. (Note: If the surface does not have an even appearance, e.g. around knot areas, a second thin coat may be applied to even out the color.
- Cetol SRD RE is for application to areas normally troublesome to coat with film-forming products…such as decks
- Non film building.
- Has fungicide to help prevent mold growth.
- Outdoor furniture
- Log homes and log siding
- Deck railings
- Composite wood
- (for rough or old Wood) 100-150 sq. ft./US gallon
- (for smooth or new Wood) 200-300 sq. ft./US gallon.
- Garden pump sprayer
- Long-haired natural bristle brush
- Airless sprayer or roller.
- All methods must be back brushed using a good quality long hair natural brush.
- In the case of shakes & shingles, dipping is recommended, then brushing any excess drops until smooth.
- A maintenance coat using Cetol SRD RE should be applied when visually necessary to help maintain its protective characteristics.
- Before applying the maintenance coat, follow the maintenance preparation procedures.
NOTE: If chinking after application of Sikkens SRD RE, it is recommended to wait 72 hours minimum.