NW Tenon Cutter
- Professional quality for long lasting use.
- Made of high-grade cast aluminum.
- Double cutter blades.
- Use with 1/2″ or 3/4 drive drill, depending on cutter size.
- Sizes available to cut tenons from 3/4″ to 2 1/2″ diameter.
- Larger tenon cutters are adjustable for length.
If you’re considering purchasing one size to start, the most popular size for furniture building is the 1.5″ tenon cutter that accommodates up to 3.5″ diameter material. For sturdy railings either the 1-1/2″ or 2″.
The size of your wood stock will determine the diameter of cutter head needed. (As well as the diameter of the tenon required). Tenon lengths can be adjusted, (by moving the shaft in or out), and widths slightly adjusted by judicious movement of the blades (to accomodate variations in wood being drilled and the actual width of the drill bit being used).
|Tenon Diameter||Max Tenon Length||Max Wood Diameter||Shaft Size|
|2″||3″||4-1/2″||1/2″ or 3/4″|
|1-1/2″||2-5/8″||3-1/2″||1/2″ or 3/4″|
|1″||1-1/2″||2-1/2″||1/2″ or 3/4″|
|3/4″||1-1/2″||2-1/2″||1/2″ or 3/4″|