Gransfors Bruk Large Carving Axe #475
The Gränsfors Bruk #475 Swedish Carving Axe is a chop axe designed for hewing bowls and other wooden objects, artistic wood carving and architectural work. The characteristic curved shape of the cutting edge, carried well above the head’s eye, the position of the edge in proportion to the handle, the rather thick bit and the big angle of the wide beveled face makes this axe an impressive carving tool. Axe pattern developed by Wille Sundqvist, master craftsman and author of “Swedish Carving Techniques” in cooperation with craftsman adviser Onni Linnanheimo.
Available in 3 configurations
- Double Bevel #475 (also identified as #475 symmetric bevel), or #475-1
- Left Bevel #475-2 Grinded (ground) left side…said another way…the more pronounced bevel angle is on the left and the flatter bevel is on the right side.
- Right Bevel #475-3 Grinded (ground) right side…opposite of the 475-2
All Gransfors Bruk Large Carving Axe have:
- 14″ Hickory handle, axe book, and grain-leather sheath
- Approx 4.3″ face
- Head weight is 2 pounds, total weight (with handle) is 2.5 pounds.