EZ adjustable log Tenon Making Kit
Handy all-in-one tenon makers showing
- 45 degree on left
- 90 degree on right
Note: that the base is the same, it’s the arms that are different.
These tenon cutters can make tenons from 1” to 2-1/2” (mfg. states 7/8″ up to 2-3/4″). Use with any 1/2 inch chuck drill…even a battery pack, cordless drill. (The bigger the drill the easier it will work).
- Use on logs up to 4-1/2″ diameter…larger will need to be resized with drawknife, table bandsaw or some such to get under the 4-1/2″ max.
Two styles available
- 45 degree EZ makes a tenon up to 3″ long with 45 degree shoulders (2″ of tenon plus 1″ of shoulder when using the optional countersink bit)…2″ overall without the countersink.
- 90 degree EZ makes a tenon up to 2″ long with 90 degree shoulders. Great for table legs.
- The EZ tenon cutter blades are double edged…the 45 degree comes with 2 blades, however it only needs on at a time
- EZ tenon cutter blades are non-sharpenable, however they last a long time.
- Replacement blades available…however the 45 and the 90 take different blades. (the 45 degree uses one blade and the 90 degree uses 2 blades at a time).
- There is a 45 degree countersink available which helps to ‘bury’ the shoulders into the mortise (hole) for a different look.
This is a great starter tenon cutter and you may find it’s all you really need. It’s not as fast as the 60 degree bell shaped (look like a big pencil sharpener), however it’s plenty good until you get a backlog of orders.
Looking for one of the great EZ Tenon Maker Kits? Try
- EZ Standard kit with 45 degree cutter, countersink, 3/8″ bit, 2 allen wrenches and plastic case
- EZ Deluxe kit with both 45 and 90 degree cutters for use with one base unit, countersink, wood clamp, 3/8 bit, 2 allen wrenchs and plastic carrying case
NOTE: You need to drill a 3/8” hole for the centering guide rod…this hole can be plugged with a 3/8″ hardwood dowel for extra strength if desired. (and will be hidden in the mortise (hole) when furniture is assembled.