Barr Gutter Adze…also called a Curved Adze.
Our gutter adze is primarily used for roughing-out chair seats. It is also very useful for log scribe work, large bowl projects and totem work. Shipped with a 30″ hardwood handle which can be cut to desired length.
- cutting edge of just over 3″
- #6 sweep
- Straight 30″ handle (can be cut to length if preferred)
- Hand hammered then oil-quenched giving you remarkable toughness.
- Shipped with an ash handle ground to fit.
- Adze has a blade length of 7″, overall head length of 9″ with approximately #6 sweep.
Barr calls this a ‘Dunbar’ style gutter adze.