Sample the Stain Before You Buy
Log Stain sampling is where it starts. Sampling is critical because the same stain can look very different on various species of wood.
Different prep and application methods also affect the final result. Therefore, sampling is the only way to make sure you get the color you want the first time.
Sampling is easy:
- On a small, inconspicuous test area (we recommend a minimum 2 sq. ft. space), simply do each step the way you will on all your siding and trim.
- Prep the wood...Cleaners, Brighteners, Strippers
- Apply the log stain sample as directed.
- Let the stain dry as many stains take a day or two to get their true color.
- Exterior Log and Wood
- Deck and Dock Finishes
- Sansin Deck Finish
- Sashco Transformation Deck
- DEFY for wood decks
- DEFY for composite decks
- DEFY for docks
- Interior Log & Wood
- Additives, Diagnostics, Supplies