EZ Adjustable tenon cutter
Price varies with model
Handy all-in-one tenon makers showing
- 45 degree on left
- 90 degree on right
Note: that the base is the same, it's the arms that are different.
These tenon cutters can make tenons from 1” to 2-1/2” (mfg. states 7/8" up to 2-3/4"). Use with any 1/2 inch chuck drill...even a battery pack, cordless drill. (The bigger the drill the easier it will work).
- Use on logs up to 4-1/2" diameter...larger will need to be resized with drawknife, table bandsaw or some such to get under the 4-1/2" max.
Two styles available
- 45 degree makes a tenon up to 3" long with 45 degree shoulders (2" of tenon plus 1" of shoulder when using the optional countersink bit)...2" overall without the countersink.
- 90 degree makes a tenon up to 2" long with 90 degree shoulders. Great for table legs.
- The blades are double edged and an extra blade comes right on the tool so you have four cutting surfaces with a new tool.
- Blades are non-sharpenable, however they last a long time.
- Replacement blades available...however the 45 and the 90 take different blades. (the 45 degree uses one blade and the 90 degree uses 2 blades at a time).
- There is a 45 degree countersink available which helps to 'bury' the shoulders into the mortise (hole) for a different look.
This is a great starter tenon cutter and you may find it's all you really need. It's not as fast as the 60 degree bell shaped (look like a big pencil sharpener), however it's plenty good until you get a backlog of orders.
NOTE: You need to drill a 3/8” hole for the centering guide rod...this hole can be plugged with a 3/8" hardwood dowel for extra strength if desired.
Keywords: EZ tenon maker, ez tenon cutter, ez tennon maker, E-Z tenon cutter, adjustable tenon cutter, tenon cutter, tenon maker, log furniture, easy tenon cutter, easy tennon cutter, mortise and tenon cutters, rustic furniture tools, log furniture building tools, st0101