Timbor borate powder
Pricing varies with quantity
Tim-bor is 98% disodium octaborate tetrahydrate...a powdered concentrate of water-soluble inorganic borate salt that you mix with water to a dilution of 10-15% (that's about a quart to 1-1/2 quarts of powder to a gallon of water.
As a liquid solution, it's applied to topically applied to bare wood (or injected), to kill and prevent wood destroying insects and fungas.
NOTE: Not available to homeowners in New York or Connecticut....sorry
- EPA registered preservative.
- Protects against rot, insects and decay fungi.
- Can be applied by brushing, spraying, dipping, kerf-flooding, or hole flooding. Mix 1 loosely packed quart, (1 lb.), of powder to 1 gallon of water.
- Apply at rate of 1 liquid gallon per 200 sf of surface area.
- Remember apply a second coat 4-24 hours later.
Saturate all up-facing checks and cut ends of wood.
- Active ingredient is a borate: Disodium Octaborate Tetrahydrate
- Prevents and controls drywood termites, wood decay fungi, carpenter ants, old house borers and powderpost beetles
- Won’t discolor or stain wood surfaces
- Won’t corrode screws, nails and other components used in construction
- Use to treat wood in conjunction with other termite treatments, such as a termite bait application or a soil treatment (not labeled as a primary new construction termite treatment)
- Use as a replacement for fumigation or as an add-on to fumigation to provide residual protection
- Works best when wood has higher moisture content.
- Highly effective & economical
- Virtually odorless
- For interior and exterior use
- Manufactured with a concern for the environment
- Based on two coats.
- One lb. yields 1 gallon of 10% solution.
- One lb.is enough to cover 100 square feet of surface area with two coats of product (for a total of 200 sf).
Coverage: (with 2 coats)
1-1/2lb. bag = 150 sq. ft.
25lb. bucket = 2500 sq. ft.
Keywords: Timbor, Timbor borate powder, borate powder, borates, tim-bor, Tim Bor, bug control, Tim-bor professional, crp0040, termites, carpenter ants, wood boring beetles, beetles, wood boring bugs