The Log Wizard attaches to most any chainsaw and is a handy tool for debarking, making log railings, and notching. Peeling, minor notching, and "sharpening" the end of a log are all possible with the log wizard.
- Band Saw Mill owners use one to "clean" the log prior to milling to keep their band saw blades sharp. One of our "top sellers" at the log home shows. Log Wizard comes with both 3/8" and .325 sprockets...thus, if you don't know what you need you'll receive both sprockets.
- We have a 16" laminated bar, drilled to accept the Log Wizard...along with the cutterless chain...Click HERE for more information and to order this.
- Note: Cutterless chain is available at $1.50 per bar inch. Bar length for cutterless chain is calculated at stated length of bar + an additional 2" for the log wizard. (ex: a 16" bar will need a 18" chain x $1.50 = $27.00). We'll need to know whether you're using the 3/8" or the .325 sprocket. Check HERE for cutterless chain.
- Note: People have asked about using the Log Wizard with an electric chainsaw. Reports we have show varying success (or lack thereof). Generally electrics are underpowered and will tend to skip, bite and wear out the saw when using with the Log Wizard.
- The manufacturer reports testing the largest electric then on the market (80's) and found it worked okay, however it led them to not recommend using an electric.
NOTE: Most chain in North America is manufacted by Blout (Oregon, Carlton, Windsor)...and Blout has currently placed the minimum cutterless chain order so high that the marketplace is running out of Cutterless. Currently, we're out of the .325, yet that is how the Log Wizard comes by default (thus, we've been switching the units over to 3/8 as a courtesy...and providing a spare .325 for those that might need it). Some folks, wanting to run a 325 pitch cahin, are running a regular cutting chain, others are grinding the cutters off an old chain...both are options we don't recommend.
Click HERE to determine the pitch and gauge of your saw chain.
Here's a Video showing an easy setup for using the Log Wizard
Keywords: Log Wizard, peel logs, knot trimmer, knot cutter, profile logs, debarker, de-barker, notcher, planer, log wizzard, logwizard, logwizzard, debarking logs, ca0030, ca0030-log-wizard, peeling logs