The Log Wizard attaches to most any chainsaw and is a handy tool for debarking, making log railings, and notching. Peeling, minor notching, and "sharpening" the end of a log are all possible with the log wizard.
- Band Saw Mill owners use one to "clean" the log prior to milling to keep their band saw blades sharp. One of our "top sellers" at the log home shows. Log Wizard comes with both 3/8" and .325 sprockets...thus, if you don't know what you need you'll receive both sprockets with the 325 installed.
- We have a 16" laminated bar, drilled to accept the Log Wizard...along with the cutterless chain...Click HERE for more information and to order this.
- Note: Cutterless chain is available at $1.50 per bar inch. Bar length for cutterless chain is calculated at stated length of bar + an additional 2" for the log wizard. (ex: a 16" bar will need a 18" chain x $1.50 = $27.00). We're out of 325 chain so 3/8 is what we have.
- Check HERE for cutterless chain.
- Note: People have asked about using the Log Wizard with an electric chainsaw. Reports we have show varying success (or lack thereof). Generally electrics are underpowered and will tend to skip, bite and wear out the saw when using with the Log Wizard.
- The manufacturer reports testing the largest electric then on the market (80's) and found it worked okay, however it led them to not recommend using an electric.
NOTE: Most chain in North America is manufacted by Blout (Oregon, Carlton, Windsor)...and Blout has currently placed the minimum cutterless chain order so high that the marketplace is running out of Cutterless. Currently, we're out of the .325 cutterless chain, yet that is how the Log Wizard comes by default. We provide a 3/8 sprocket for those that prefer to switch.
Click HERE to determine the pitch and gauge of your saw chain.
Here's a Video showing an easy setup for using the Log Wizard
Keywords: Log Wizard, peel logs, knot trimmer, knot cutter, profile logs, debarker, de-barker, notcher, planer, log wizzard, logwizard, logwizzard, debarking logs, ca0030, ca0030-log-wizard, peeling logs